Location: Remote (Argentina, Poland, Czech Republic, Romania preferred)
Note: We are currently interviewing passive candidates interested in learning more about Left Field Labs and the possibility of joining our freelance team in the near-future.
Who We Are
We are an Experience design and trusted creative technology partner to some of the world’s most ambitious brands such as Google, Amazon, Meta and Uber. We believe in the power of storytelling, human-centric design, and the intersection of creativity with code to further humanity’s relationship with technology. We operate fully remote, and our team members enjoy the flexibility of working from anywhere within the U.S. and Canada time zones while keeping a balanced relationship with their personal life.
At Left Field Labs, our curiosity drives us to seek out uncommon solutions to our shared challenges. Our purpose is to positively impact the human experience with everything we invent. We’re looking for those who can craft unique solutions through empathy.
Interested in joining a culture that celebrates diversity, encourages curiosity, and creates with purpose? Are you the kind of person who obsesses over details, thrives in a collaborative environment, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges? Confident that you’re at the top of your game and ready to invent with others who are at the top of theirs? Check out our open position and let’s talk.
Who We Are Seeking
Left Field Labs is currently looking to partner with Freelancers and Independent Contractors remotely! If you are a forward thinking human ready to work on cutting edge technologies with an out of the box creative imagination, then we invite you to join us as we build our rosters and enrich our teams!
Left Field Labs is seeking talented Full-stack Developing Engineers to join our team. You will work alongside a group of dedicated and multi-disciplined technologists and designers to bring high quality solutions to market. We count on our developers to write elegant and well-documented code, with a strict eye towards separation of concerns and maintainability. Our developers are creatives, we expect an eye for design, collaboration on interactions, and understanding of overall user experience when building our software.
What You’ll Do
- Work with Tech Leads, designers and other developers to deliver robust, responsive and accessible front-ends, back-ends and APIs for a variety of web-based and native mobile applications
- Deploy and troubleshoot applications on static and dynamic runtime systems (eg, Netlify, App Engine, Cloud Functions)
- Participate in project planning sessions with team members to analyze development requirements, provide work breakdown and estimates of work
- Collaborate with UX and UI designers to validate wireframes and high-resolution design comps
- Participate in code reviews for your own projects and those across the company
- Contribute to documentation on projects (such as Technical Design Documents) and for department knowledge sharing
- Troubleshoot, debug and resolve issues around application errors, performance, and response times
- Other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned
What You’ll Need to be Successful
- Minimum of 3+ years of professional software development experience
- 2 years of professional experience with front-end utilizing with skills such as Typescript, HTML, CSS
- 2 years of professional experience in backend development with OOP such as Python, Java, Ruby, Go, etc
- 2 years of professional experience with front-end frameworks (eg: React, Angular, or Vue.js)
- Minimum of at least 6 months of professional experience with SQL databases (eg MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Comfortable working on the command line of Mac/Unix systems
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
Left Field Labs is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Please click on the following links for more information: E-Verify Participation Poster. For more information visit the USCIS’ website: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
Left Field Labs is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant’s criminal history (LAMC 189.00). Left Field Labs makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled team members.