Interested in book publishing? Or maybe your tastes run more to the music industry? Welcome to DIY Media Group!
Our two industry-leading self-publishing brands – BookBaby and Disc Makers – help independent authors, musicians, filmmakers, and other content creators make their goals and dreams come true each year by bringing their books and music to market. While our clients focus on writing and recording their content, we take care of the design, manufacturing, distribution, selling, marketing, and monetizing their work. We work with tens of thousands of content creators each year and give them a fighting chance against the big guys.
Does helping independent authors and artists change the world with their words and music sound like a mission you can get behind? We’re looking for a Marketing Copywriter to write clear and compelling copy for our websites, ad and email campaigns, catalogs and other marketing materials. Your words will inform and educate our potential customers and inspire them to take the plunge into self-publishing.
Are you fit for the gig?
- You will be successful at DIY if you have an eye for detail and a sharp mind, are able to quickly crank out compelling, benefit-laden copy, have a curious and can-do attitude about testing new ideas and concepts, and internalize feedback to continually increase your writing effectiveness. Since you will become the voice of our brands, we will be actively looking for you to contribute your ideas and suggestions. You don’t have to be a musician, filmmaker, or author to be successful in this position, but it is a big plus. Because after all, that’s whose dreams you’ll be helping come true!
- This is a remote position, and you’ll collaborate closely with our marketing creative team and channel managers. You’ll also have regular direct interactions with our brand presidents and the company CEO.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- You’ll write clear, concise, and compelling marketing copy with a distinct voice that demonstrates our benefits and value.
- You’ll interpret copywriting/creative briefs to understand project goals and requirements.
- You’ll collaborate directly with designers, marketing channel managers and other departmental stakeholders on large- and small-scale marketing projects (eg., email campaigns, whitepaper guides, and landing pages, to name just a few.)
- You’ll conduct high-quality research and interviews with stakeholders to gain a full understanding of the goal and scope of the project.
- You’ll edit and proofread copy as needed.
- You’ll work with our SEM team to ensure we incorporate SEO principles to maximize copy’s reach.
Requirements & Skills
- 5 years’ experience as a marketing copywriter or related role.
- Excellent writing, editing, grammar and proofreading skills.
- The ability to write with product benefits and values in mind, first and foremost.
- Strong research skills.
- Collaborative spirit.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Strong ability to multitask, prioritize workload, and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of online content strategy and creation. Experience with SEO a plus.
- You have your own opinions and are willing to advocate for them, for the betterment of the program.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Creative Writing, Marketing or a related field, or commensurate professional experience.
Writing Sample Requirement:
- Submit up to three writing samples, so we can get an idea of your best work. Please feel free to include links to your online portfolio in your application.