We are looking for someone who can impact the future of health care innovation through supporting end users to accomplish their everyday goals. If you can put your signature on this, we can’t wait to hear from you!
Are you highly committed? Are you team-oriented? Do you value professionalism, trust, honesty, and integrity? If so, we can’t wait to meet you.
ABOUT THE JOB
The people you will work with are exceptional. Here is what you can look forward to, and why you’ll LOVE YOUR MONDAYS.
- Responsible for assignment of accurate E&M, ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS codes and modifiers from medical record documentation.
- Identifies and abstracts information from medical records (paper or electronic) for special studies and audits, internal and external.
- Works within various client systems (Cerner, McKesson, CareVu,Star Navigator, Epic, McKesson, AllScripts, etc.), including applicable coding compliance editor software to ensure records are accurately coded.
- Works with 3M Encoder, with knowledge of resources and edits
- Maintains productivity and accuracy requirements as outlined for each client.
- Opportunity for inpatient, Radiology professional fee, ED, Ancillary, outpatient clinic, and E/M coding depending on knowledge and experience
- Works closely with the Coding and or QA Manager during QA audit process.
- Ensures all required component parts of the medical record that pertain to coding are present, accurate and comply with CMS, JCAHO and client requirements.
- Work will be conducted remotely Monday — Friday.
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
We’re proud to put our signature on each one of our employees. When you are a member of Signature Performance, you are a part of a solutions-based organization where the values of passion, integrity, courage, and respect are the driving forces behind all our decision-making. We trust in you to do important work and bring the best version of yourself to work every day, so we want to help you achieve a work-life balance while consistently challenging yourself.
Signature believes in fully developing each one of our Associates. We deliver a performance-driven atmosphere with competitive pay, world-class training and development classes, resources, and events, an award-winning culture where everyone thrives, and so much more.
- Hybrid and remote-only options
- Fully paid life insurance, short- and long-term disability available
- Tuition Assistance Program
- 401(k) program with employer contributions
- Fully paid, comprehensive health insurance
- Competitive Paid Time Off for Sick and Vacation Time
- No-cost annual flu shot
- Referral bonuses
You are uncommon. We are, too. We are looking for people to help us in our mission of working hard at lowering healthcare administrative costs for federal government agencies, payers, and providers. At Signature, our mission is to improve the health of our clients’ business and making the lives of the people we work with better. As we continue to experience exponential growth, are looking for Uncommon individuals to enhance our vision. We will continue to accomplish our mission by leading with our values of Passion, Courage, Integrity, and Respect in all interactions, making us a six-time Best Places to Work organization. We need uncommon leaders with uncommon qualities to shape our uncommon culture and achieve our uncommon mission.
- A minimum of 2 year’s experience is preferred
- VA Coding experience preferred
- Current AAPC or AHIMA Outpatient and/or In-Patient coding certification required.
- COC (formerly CPC-H)
- Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT)
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)
- Cerner and 3M Encoder experience preferred
- Required continuing education must be completed in accordance with AAPC or AHIMA requirements and certification maintained
- Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
- Position requires excellent computer/communication skills for provider and staff interactions
- Knowledge of anatomy/physiology and disease process, medical terminology, coding guidelines, documentation requirements, familiarity with medications and reimbursement guidelines; and encoder experience
- Candidate must have ability to handle multiple projects and appropriately prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Candidate must have excellent organizational skills, able to understand and follow individual client Standard Operating Procedures