Jam.gg is a social and low tech-friendly cloud gaming platform. It has been designed to be accessible to everyone: available directly from a web browser, it does not require a high-speed internet connection to provide a seamless multiplayer game experience. Jam.gg is all about bringing people together through games, with a touch of childhood playfulness and creativity.
We are led by an experienced team of ex Google, Twitter, Amazon, Docker, EA, King and other top tech companies. Jam.gg is a YCombinator company and backed by top VC firms and LEGO Ventures and has already established itself as a new go-to platform for cloud gaming in some countries.
We’re at the stage where we’re scaling our QA Department as one of our key units. This is an incredible opportunity to join a booming company of 60+ people in its hyper growth phase. Driven by a strong inclusive culture, we welcome self-starting, fast learning, talented people wishing to start and manage unique, and challenging projects where collaboration (internal and external) is everything.
We are looking for a talented QA Tester to join our growing Product team.
Location: Entirely remote. The candidate must be based in Europe within +/- 2 hours of CET time zone.
Start date: As soon as possible
What you will be doing:
- Testing part of our platform to identify, replicate and document bugs.
- Collaborating with a Product squad to maintain a backlog of bugs and appropriately estimate their impact and prioritize their resolution.
- Describe and investigate bugs, and collaborate with engineers in the squad to help solve them.
- Work with fellow QA Testers to organize the processes and improve our QA operations.
What we are looking for:
- 3-5 years of experience
- Technical: a good ability to learn and understand technical products and work with engineers.
- Communication: ability to communicate clearly and effectively, but also in a kind and respectful manner, to collaborate well with the rest of the team.
- Organization: ability to help the QA team organize within QA operations (bug filing, prioritization), but also with other Product members (PMs, Designers, Engineers).
- Proactive and willing to help the team scale.
For International and French permanent contracts:
- Unlimited holiday leave (minimum 5 weeks).
- Monthly well-being allowance (mental well-being, sports, massage, etc.).
- Home office allowance calculated on the prorata of the days worked monthly.
- Fully remote & flexible working hours.
- Equal pay policy.
- Equal maternity and paternity leave (18 weeks) with 1 year seniority and after deduction of the maternity and paternity leave regulations in your country.
- Maternity/Paternity subsidy of 3k euros with 1 year seniority.
- Stock option plan.
- Health insurance compensation a one-to-one basis, depending on geographical location & company’s policy.
- Additional benefits depending on the geographical location.
We will be pleased to receive your application and wish you the best of luck.
At the heart of Jam.gg’s mission is the creation of a new way to share games with friends and family: a free online place for gamers to play and hangout together, with video cameras, bringing back the golden era of multiplayer couch gaming. In a world of constraining internet connections and paid services, we think differently: we are building a free, “low-tech” friendly platform for everyone to jump in, directly from their browser. Our platform is social by design and packed with fun games curated by our community. We want to create new virtual social spaces that fundamentally diverge from today’s typical social networks, focusing a lot less on appearance and a lot more on experience. We are building a social gaming platform for gamers and for developers, opening new ways to interact with their community.
Our startup has been growing very quickly since the end of 2020, attracting more than 60 international talents from developers and social media experts to designers. In June 2021, we introduced our cloud gaming beta platform featuring 80+ licensed games, including titles from industry-renowned publishers such as Arc System Works, Interplay, Team 17, Coatsink and Data East. Our portfolio is rapidly evolving, with more than 25 free modern party titles arriving on the platform this year, from Overcooked to Blasphemous!
Discovered and supported by Y Combinator (Twitch, Reddit, Stripe, etc), our board of advisors include former SEGA CEO Kenji Matsubara, Zynga co-founders Justin Waldron and Tom Bollich, Crunchyroll’s Kun Gao, and Humble Bundle’s Jeffrey Rosen. Our last round was led by LEGO Ventures and top gaming VC firms.